Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fun 'N Crafty August Blog Hop

Welcome to the August Fun 'N Crafty blog hop! This month, we are featuring projects using the Big Shot. My Big Shot is one of my favorite crafting tools! The Big Shot and all the available dies make it easy to get the fussy cutting look without all the fussy cutting work, which is perfect for me since my fussy cutting skills are not the best.




Today's card uses the Daydream Medallions stamp set and the Floral Frames framelit dies. During the month of August, you can buy the bundle and save 15% on this stamp set and coordinating dies. I stamped the two largest medallions from the stamp set in Memento tuxedo black ink then cut them out with the framelit dies. The sentiment stamp in the center is from the Chalk Talk stamp set. I punched it out with a circle punch then matted it with a larger circle punched out of Basic Black card stock. The background paper is the Typeset specialty DSP. I accented the medallions with pearls to add a little bling


To give the card some dimension, I used Dimensionals to pop up each of the layers of my floral medallion. The side shot below gives you a better sense of that dimension. It makes the card "pop" a little more in person than the pictures can show.




Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Make sure to visit all the blogs in our hop. Stacey's blog is up next!





Blog hop participants:

1. Tobe B. of The Craft Sea
2.Angela M of Stamp with Angela
3. Stacey L. of A Work of Carte
4. Pam W of Stinky Tofu
5. Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper




3 comments:

  1. love the typest DSP that you used with the stamp set! I still need to get the framelit to go with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, your card is stunning!! I love, love, love it. I was going to use my Daydream Medallions but didn't have the mojo going. Yours turned out great and I love how you added in the sentiment from the chalk talk set. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete