Saturday, August 2, 2014

CYCI29-A Color Challenge

Today's card was made for the challenge over at Can You Case It? You can find lots of inspiration over at the CYCI blog. This week's challenge is a color challenge featuring the colors below:


The new koala stamp came to mind immediately, but another stamper had already used it for her card. Since I prefer to be original, I decided to look through my stash and see if inspiration struck. I came to the Swallowtail stamp and thought it would look great inked up with these colors.


I experimented with coloring it a few different ways and ended up inking up a clear block, stamping it with my So Saffron stamp pad, then spritzing it with rubbing alcohol. I then stamped it to create the background on the Whisper White paper. Staz-on was used to stamp the butterfly on the So Saffron/Whisper White background. I then used my blender pens and Pool Party and Smoky Slate ink to add a little more color to the butterfly. It looked a little grungy to me, so I continued the theme with Gorgeous Grunge used to stamp Smoky Slate blotches onto the Smoky Slate card base. The sentiment if from Perfect Pennants. I decided to mount the butterfly layer off center and like how it turned out!


6 comments:

  1. Angela, your card is amazing, love how you did the spritz stamping, and your butterfly is incredible. Thanks for joining us at www.canyoucaseit.com Eva: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am definitely trying that! Beautiful Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I'm going to have to try that as I love how it came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you card! Love this butterfly stamp. You know I'm going to try the technique! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations You Aced the Case!!!

    ReplyDelete