Monday, January 11, 2016

"Mailable Monday" Cards

I love the idea of "mailable" cards and have seen "Mailable Monday" challenges and blog posts over the last few years, but have never participated. I decided to try my hand at making "mailable" cards without the excess layers, buttons, or embellishments that can effect mailing of a card and hope to make this a regular feature on my blog.


I had a great time this evening playing with some Sale-a-Bration goodies for my first "Mailable" Monday project. This is a masculine Valentine that uses both a stamp set and DSP (designer series paper) from the new 2016 Sale-a-Bration offerings. You can check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure here. The stamp set is called Sky is the Limit. I love the look of the papers from the Perfectly Artistic DSP pack. The marbled and sponged looks go well with so many styles of cards! The Bermuda Bay and Pool Party are the colors of card stock used in this card.




My second card features the Love Blossoms DSP from the new Occaisions catalog and the Bloomin' Love stamp set. The card base is Crumb cake and the other card stock used is Rose Red, Garden Green, and Whisper White. I love the floral heart image and stamped it in Rose Red ink to help make it a focal point on the card. I had debated using Blushing Bride, but felt the more vibrant Rose Red would help it stand out more!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment