Saturday, January 24, 2015

Valentine's Day Projects Part 1

When I saw the new occaisions catalog for the first time, the first stamp set I fell in love with was Hey, Valentine. I teach third grade and like to make special Valentines and goodies for my students each year. This is one stamp set I know I will be using year after year to make Valentines for my students as well as for my daughters' classes. 

The sentiment in the stamp used below is my favorite. I thought it was perfect for pairing with some Goldfish crackers or a baggie of Swedish fish. I stamped it in Memento black ink and colored it with my Stampin' Up! Blendabilities. The image was cut out with the Top Note die and then cut along the perforated line. I then cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock out with the die to create the background layer. I think my students will really enjoy this snack on Valentine's Day!




I also made some sweet tweets, I mean treats, to give my students as well. The thin bags I used will also hold two pencils if you are not able to give out sugary treats. They can fit a third Pixie Stick, but I think two tubes of sugar are sufficient!


Here is an up close picture of the bird image and sentiment. I also used the Blendabilities to color this image. The decorative label punch is behind the image and was punched out in Real Red card stock. 



Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment