Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Cool Cat

Just a quick post today to share a couple cards I made with a retired set from Stampin' Up! I love cats and had to have this set when I saw it at a garage sale last year. The stamp set is called Cool Cat and features a beautiful cat image that would be great for all kinds of cards. I may need to pull it back out when I make cards for Halloween, but today's cards are intended as a thank you card and possibly a Valentine's Day card.

The first card features the cat and sentiment from the Cool Cat stamp set. The background was made with the current I Love Lace background stamp stamped onto Very Vanilla with Blackberry Bliss ink. The ribbon and colored card stock are both Blackberry Bliss. I really like the new in color ribbon, it isn't too fussy to use and adds a great touch to cards. I used the word bubble framelits to cut out the sentiment. The card is simple, but I think it would make a great thank you card for a friend that loves cats.


The second card features the same two stamps. This time, the background is the More Amore designer series paper, which is retired but currently being sold on the clearance rack. I seriously love this paper and may need to get another pack. The card base is Pool Party. I punched the little hearts out with the new Itty Bitty Accents heart punch out of Real Red, Pool Party and the retired Primrose Petals. The bow tie was made with the small heart from the Owl punch out of the red glimmer paper. I colored a basic rhinestone with the darker Cherry Cobbler Blendability for the center of the bow tie. 



Happy stamping! If you are interested in buying Stampin' Up! products, don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to be your demonstrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment