Thursday, July 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Everyday Enchantment

Welcome to the second edition of Throwback Thursdays! I am excited to ink up stamps from my collection as well as using up designer series paper (DSP) that I've collected since I discovered Stampin' Up! This week, I am featuring one of my favorite designer series paper packs from a past cataolg: Everyday Enchantment. I love the colors in this DSP and the feminine look of the papers is perfect for quilt-inspired cards. I've seen several cards using different quilting inspired techniques lately and wanted to try them out for myself. This DSP is currently on the clearance rack for only $4.39 a pack.

The first card used the retired Outline Occaisions stamp set stamped in black Staz On ink then colored with Pool Party and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write markers. I cut the sentiment out using one of the oval framelits dies then cut another oval in the next larger size to help accent the sentiment. The background on this card was created using the herringbone technique. I cut 1/4 inch strips of a few of the papers from the Everyday Enchantment DSP then arranged them to create the herringbone look. You can find lots of examples of this technique here.


My second card uses the quilt star technique. I just love this look and it is pretty simple to create using one of the square punches from Stampin' Up!. Frenchie has a great tutorial video if you are interested in learning this technique. I love the way these papers compliment each other! I embossed the Calypso Coral paper to help add to the quilted look and added a Very Vintage button with a Lucky Limeade baker's twine bow in the center.


Happy stamping and thank you for visiting my blog!

Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment