Saturday, January 4, 2014

Color Challenge: PPA186

After trying my hand at a few sketch challenges, I thought it would be fun to try a color challenge. The card below is for the Pals Paper Arts color challenge PPA186. You can find more inspiration here.

These are the featured colors:

The only problem was, I have no gold paper or ribbon in my papercrafting stash. I do, however, have gold embossing powder and was able to use it to meet the requirements of the color challenge. I really like the way the gold pops against the Island Indigo background. I may need to add some more gold to my stash!



All materials used are from Stampin' Up!
Stamp sets: Perfect Pennants and Gorgeous Grunge (used to make the gold splatters)
Cardstock: Island Indigo and Whisper White
Other: Current Whisper White ribbon and retired Island Indigo ribbon, gold embossing powder, heart punch to punch out small Island Indigo heart, retired gold brads






 

4 comments:

  1. I love all your gold embossing, it's just striking on the Island Indigo. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an excellent job with these colors. Love the way you used the gold and it's a wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Angela! Congratulations on the showcase at PPA!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete