Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fun 'N Crafty September Blog Hop

Welcome to the September Fun 'N Crafty blog hop! This month, we are featuring projects using products from the new Stampin' Up! holiday catalog. The cards I am sharing for the hop all feature the Letterpress Winter stamp set. 


My first card uses one of my new favorite colors-Lost Lagoon. It goes well with the gold embossing powder and paper. I punched out the top circle and used the circle framelits to cut the other circle. The scallop circle is also punched out and then I used my piercing tool to add the pierced detailing around the outside. The background piece of card stock was embossed with the dots embossing folder to add some texture.

The next card uses the beautiful frame stamp in the Letterpress Winter stamp set. The great thing about this set is that is is photopolymer, which makes it easy to stamp the sentiment in the center of the frame. The background paper is from the Trim the Tree DSP stack. The images are stamped in Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green. I colored the basic rhinestones with the medium Cherry Cobbler Blendability marker.


This card is another take on the same design, switching the background DSP for just an accent strip and turning the design vertical. This DSP is also from the Trim the Tree stack. I used the dots embossing folder to add some texture on the Sahara Sand background.


My last card is a thank you card using the frame and thank you sentiment from Letterpress Winter. The DSP is from the All Abloom DSP stack from the annual catalog. I stamped the frame in Lost Lagoon and the sentiment in Hello Honey. The basic rhinestones were colored in with the dark Daffodil Delight Blendability marker. I wanted to show the versatility of this set, since it can be used all year round. There is also a "You're Invited" stamp in the set.



Make sure you have visited all the blogs in our hop!



Here is a list of blog hop participants this month:

1. Sara G of 1200 Some Miles
2. Tobe B. of The Craft Sea
3. Pam W of Stinky Tofu
4. Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper
5. Angela M of Stamp with Angela (you are here!)

3 comments:

  1. Ack!! I love all of these cards! You really did show how versatile this stamp set is and I love how you have so many fun designs. I never thought to do gold embossing on Lost Lagoon but it looks fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you made four fabulous cards for the blog hop! I love the Lost Lagoon and gold color combination. I will need to try that out. I only made one card this time and my permalink did not work right. Here is my correct link: http://www.1200somemiles.com/2014/09/september-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letterpress Stamp Set is on my wish list and I've been debating if I should get it or not, after seeing your samples I might just HAVE to have it!

    ReplyDelete