Sunday, March 9, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #126

I was so happy to have time to sit down and stamp this evening! Report cards are finished and I should have a little more free time for stamping and crafting now.  I needed a little inspirtation to get me started today, so I browsed through the challenge blogs I have bookmarked and landed on the Freshly Made Sketches blog.

The sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week was designed by Amy. The "Clean Team" provided  lots of inspiration to get me started with my take on the sketch.

 
I opened up a pack of Retro Fresh designer series paper from Stampin' Up! today and fell in love with the patterns, so I wanted to make them the focal point of my card. I used three different designs from the pack and I think they work so well together. Retro Fresh is on its way to replacing Fresh Prints as my current favorite dsp!




All the materials used for this card are from Stampin' Up! I started with a card base made with Baked Brown Sugar cardstock. All the dsp is from Retro Fresh from the Occaisions mini catalog. I also used So Saffron and Coastal Cabana cardstock.  The starburst stamp is from the Starburst Sayings set, also from the Occaisions catalog. I stamped it in Tangerine Tango and Baked Brown Sugar ink then I used the coordinating starburst die to cut it out.

 
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this bright and cheerful design! Great use of stamps and patterned papers. I love the way you emphasized the sentiment by paper piecing, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME CARD...LOVE THE CHOICE OF DSP!

    ReplyDelete